Thursday, July 3, 2008

What is this blog?

If you are looking for The Spurgeon Archive this is not it. Neither do I wish for it to be it.

Phil Johnson's The Spurgeon Archive is the absolute best resource on the web for all things Spurgeon. I recommend you go there and spend some valuable time sitting at the feet of the Prince of Preachers.

What is this site for then? I'm glad you asked. Years ago, 1999 to be exact, I read on The Spurgeon Archive that Phil had plans to have every single one of Spurgeon's published sermons available on-line by the year 2007. Needless to say, that desire has yet to come to fruition. Phil is a very, very busy man and he is not paid for his valuable work on that site. It is a labor of love--yet a labor which remains incomplete.

That's where I come in. I am not related to the late CHS, though I share his surname and love to read his sermons. I am not nearly so busy as Phil and making some of CHS's sermons available on-line, ones that are currently missing from the Archive, is something I could do.

And I plan to do it--at the rate of about one per week. So look for a new one every Sunday or Monday starting this weekend.

No comments: